- In the never ending parade of folks getting book deals, Old Jews Telling Jokes has made it to the front of the line. (Thanks The Awl)
- Boston Globe talks to Garrett Peck, author of “The Prohibition Hangover, Alcohol in America, From Demon Rum to Cult Cabernet.’’
- The Granta events for Chicago
- Andrew Bird and St. Vincent playing together at a house party in Paris: this is where the happy is. (Thanks Pitchfork)
- For their Friday top 5, Deckfight picks their top Merge Records albums. I gotta say, mine is a whole different set, but hey, different strokes for different folks.
- The Faster Times on Leonard Bernstein’s opera, “Mass”
- I agree that iTunes Genius isn’t very good at making mixes
- A “Forest Park Journal” on softball.