The Guardian looks at literary Chicago, in it’s more “reflective period” in the wake of the Granta issue that focuses on the Windy City.
- To answer your question Gawker: no, we don’t need another Eastwick.
- Mental Floss has Kurt Vonnegut reading Breakfast of Champions three years before it’s released. (via 92Y)
- Minneapolis Star Review (via Largehearted Boy) talks to James Ellroy.
- And over at The Cult, they talk to Mr. Ellroy also.
- I guess because I’m a blogger, I like novellas. Or something like that. (Thanks Melville House)
- No more subtitles!
- Three Guys One Book drop an early review of J.M. Coetzee’s upcoming novel, Summertime.
- Blake Butler’s Scorch Atlas is discussed at Flavorwire.
- Alright, with Thom Yorke, Bon Iver, Grizzly Bear, and others, this “Twilight: New Moon” soundtrack sounds pretty sick.
- Deckfight has a Magnolia Electric Co. mp3 up right now.
- Paul Westerberg releases a “surprise” EP
- Vol. 1 Brooklyn endorses Montgomery Burns for mayor of New York City
- Republicans like Twitter more than Democrats