If you really want to know what I want for Hannukah, go over to Propnomicon and pick me up some gear from Miskatonic University. Because nothing says Jewish holiday like H.P. Lovecraft. (Thanks Jacket Copy)
- Maybe the worst name for a literary festival panel: “What book would you like to snuggle under covers with, and why?”
- Alice in Wonderland in the nude. (Thanks Boing Boing)
- Sooo, the 50 Cent “Self-help book”, The 50th Law, will quote “Malcolm X, Miles Davis, Sun Tzu, François de la Rochefoucauld, Machiavelli, Richard Wright, James Baldwin, Thucydides, Dostoyevsky, Charlie Parker, and Baron de Montesquieu“. That sounds kinda awesome I think?
- If you want a really funny schill for your new book, might we suggest Jon Stewart? Oh, it would seem that Josh Lieb already figured that out.
- This bite on Bukowski and his computer begs the question: “Would Chuck have blogged?”
- Harold Washington Library in Chicago is considered ugly? Maybe scary, but not ugly.
- Alex Ross has a new blog over at the New Yorker website. Mr. The Rest is Just Noise is setting up the new blog called Unquiet Thought, because according to Ross: “it makes more sense to bring all of my activity under the magazine’s exacting aegis.” Who can argue with that?
- C Spencer Yeh is interviewed over at Impose
- Thurston hearts The Who, but he hates iPod’s. Even though I am pretty sure I have seen him playing with an iPhone before, I guess iPods are totally different.
- Deckfight is an untapped treasure. Greenland is Melting? Never heard about them, but thanks to the review, I’m now in love.
Wild Things Gossip
- Karen O talks about her continuing relationship with Spike Jonze. Blah blah blah. Why are we even bothering to post this?
- Waiting for somebody on Fox to proclaim that the Michelle Obama action figure is another sign of socialist brainwashing.
- The last racial taboo
- The Rumpus interview Todd Barry