Last night at Le Poisson Rouge, some of New York’s biggest writers got together for a spelling bee to benefit PEN American center’s literary journal, PEN America and the release of their eleventh issue, “Make Believe.”
- Whoa, another e-reader from Barnes & Noble? I’m totally confused.
- Today, we’re tackling e-readers and book reading, I guess. First, Book Bench with Bruce McCalls’ new book Fifty Things to do with a Book (Now that Reading Is Dead), and Galleycat asks “Are Kindle users more valuable than regular readers?”
- Walt Whitman in Levi’s. Yep.
- We all knew Obama was a man of endless talents. Now: Mr. President’s Seinfeldian stand-up act.
- Pirate attacks are back.
- Kent Sepkowitz of The Daily Beast thinks Obama may have fucked up with swine flu.
- I hope Tom Cruise wasn’t planning any vacays to Nice anytime soon. The French convict Scientologists of fraud!
- David Beckham is on loan, from LA to Milan.