Natalie Portman went vegan thanks to Jonathan Safran Foer’s new book, Eating Animals. She writes about it for Huff Po. Makes the confusing statement, “I don’t believe in rape, but if it’s what it takes to please my dinner hosts, then so be it.”
- New York Times give mad props to Electric Literature.
- Rick Moody and a parkway in Connecticut.
- Jonathan Ames kvetches on Twitter, and gets a television.
- Young adult fiction is cool for adults.
- Lord Byron’s letters on NPR. Listen to hear a British man say “Tuuuuurdsworth”
- Mobylives talks about The Nook.
- Mike Kinsella (has been in Cap’n Jazz, Joan of Arc, and currently going under the name Owen) is interviewed on Impose.
- The Watson Twins are back,but still sans Jenny Lewis.
- The Scowl on the Atlas Sound CMJ show.
- Rufus Wainwright: Hates dog doo-doo, knows good gay clubs.
- A Jonas Brother goes solo. The dream is over.
All Hallows Eve
- Oh I get it, you’re an illegal alien.