Over at MobyLives, they talk about Glenn Beck being the new Oprah for a bunch of writers we could really care less about. We wonder to ourselves if this post was just a genius ploy by Melville House to get Beck to notice Shoplifting From American Apparel?
- Daniel Nester and Vol. 1 Brooklyn contributor Claire Shefchik make nice after Shefchik reviews his book. We think everything is going to be okay.
- I wonder if Ethan Gilsdorf, author of Fantasy Freaks and Gaming Geeks has read The Magicians yet? This Boston Globe review makes me thing Gilsdorf’s new book might be an interesting way to companion to Lev Grossman’s book.
- A plan to help indie bookstores.
- Fiery Furnaces take on Radiohead. Go Fiery Furnaces!
- Kurt Vile talks to AV Club. We find out he “grew up listening to Pavement obsessively.” Wish we would have known that a few months ago.
- Stop Smiling likes Brilliant Colors.
Our home turf.
- MTV is looking for “the most charismatic and actually edgy kids” of Brooklyn.
- I was thinking of joining the Park Slope Co-op. Now I don’t think I want to anymore. Maybe I’ll just get this shirt.