“He’s not the finest character that ever lived. But he’s a human being”. Actually Linda Loman, I think in regards to your husband, it’s the other way around. According to this list, your husband Willy stands alongside The Wandering Jew, Betty Boop, and Shylock as the 100 most influential people who never lived.
- Gore Vidal rips William F. Buckley. No response from Buckley, because he’s dead.
- Leo Tolstoy is also dead. Today is the anniversary of him dying.
- Malcolm Gladwell writes a letter.
- Electric Literature on Writing & Money.
- The daughter of Orson Welles wrote a book about being the daughter of Orson Welles.
- Paste weighs in on the most influential books of the decade.
- HTMLGiant complain about eyewear models, talk about Chomsky getting a new pair of glasses.
- Three Guys One Book talk to Dan Chaon.
- Tin House and The Rumpus threw a party. Somebody was sober enough to remember Jonathan Ames discussing being “bald, impotent and depressed.”
We can stop talking about New Moon after today.
- Jessica Hopper saw it already, liked the screaming.
- Do vampires break all the rules, or are they just really good at evolving?
- Something zany about people auditioning for Twilight on McSweeney’s.
- Robert Pattinson would “show his peen” for his art.
Rock and/or roll
- Matt Friedberger (Fiery Furnaces’) vs. Radiohead and Beck in a deathmatch!
- Noah and The Whale go on tour, and keep a diary.
- Beth Ditto is Tobi Vail’s hero. That rules.
Peace out O!
- The entire book industry is going to crumble!
- It’s a small, small world full of Oprah wannabe’s.
- Oprah-geddon? Really?
- Are there racist Tweeps out there?