Just wanted to start your day off with this photo titled “Journalists at a Microsoft press conference”. (Via Clusterflock)
- Cristina Nehring wasn’t too happy with Emily Gould’s review of her book, A Vindication of Love. (thanks HTMLGiant)
- The ongoing series exploring what the late Roberto Bolaño read over at MobyLives has made for good reading. Discussed today is Bolaño’s love of French lit.
- Newsrooms as training grounds for fiction writers?
- Mashable gives us their thoughts on Barnes and Nobles Nook.
- SF Panorama making Missed connections
- A Seattle bookseller is moving.
- George Clooney is saving novels.
- Tao Lin on Shoplifting From American Apparel being sold at Urban Outfitters:
I fantasized in bed about writing Shoplifting Shoplifting from American Apparel from Urban Outfitters, a novella about Shoplifting from American Apparel written with an extreme focus on “being meta.
- Like politics? You’ll love Hanukkah.
The end of 2009.
- Top 10 archaeology finds of 2009
- Deck Fight picks their favorite albums.
The 90’s at the end of the aughts.
I’m just happy to see that Elliott Bay will still be around the next time I’m in Seattle. Call a fella crazy.
also sarcastically appropriate: journalists at contact lens conference
…oh yeah, thanx for the link for the albums of the year
It was a good list, and gave us a reason to put the Nat. Geographic link also.
No mors Tao Lin!