I’ve loved just about every installment of “What Bolaño Read” over at MobyLives. Today, the late Chilean writers fondness for Jorge Luis Borges.
- Anais Nin on LSD’s value at Arthur.
I only wished people had had time to study drugs as they studied religion or philosophy and to adapt to this chemical alteration of our bodies.
- Token magical realism “seems not just forced, but fashionable” says Alastair Harper of the Guardian.
- Go on over to My Old Kentucky Blog, look at the photoshopped pictures of Nick Cave, and then try to win a autographed copy of The Death of Bunny Munro.
- The Fanzine on Derek McCormack.
- Metallica, Slayer, Anthrax, AND Megadeath on tour TOGETHER.
- The Daily Beast on ailing French rocker, Johnny Hallyday.
- L Magazine hit it right on the head with “Kris Kristoferson is Better Than Animal Collective“.
- The problem with feminist anthems.
More evidence that we’re screwed.
- On the Time Person of the Year: “The winner is Ben Bernanke, Chairman of the Federal Reserve, the most powerful, least understood government force shaping our lives”.
- Police beating up on protesters in Copenhagen.
- The IDF apparently not fond of Apple.
- The Awl give their own special tribute to Oral Roberts.