Our favorite Bay Area bookstore takes a look at old cocktail books.
- Want a smooth divorce? Read Moby-Dick.
- At The Millions, Emily St. John Mandel talks about writing on trains.
- If Sarah Palin is coming to your local supermarket to sign books, please get rid of the tomatoes.
- N+1 discussion between conservative writers Ross Douthat and Reihan Salaam.
- Shakespeare characters write letters to Santa.
- Q: Why did Lewis Carroll add the Cheshire Cat to Alice?
- The best books the guys at Deckfight read in the year that is ending.
- Stephen Elliott is giving a lecture at WORD this Friday.
- The Beets, Beach Fossils, and Christmas Island =’s favorite tour of earl 2010.
- Who doesn’t own Let It Be by The Replacements? Slate discusses the albums 25th birthday.
- David Byrne has advice on funding the arts.
The big screen and little screen.
- Spiderman might not play Bilbo Baggins.
- Salon on why The Simpsons don’t matter anymore.
We love food.
- Nine raw chocolatiers at Cool Hunting.
- Cheese is awesome. The Faster Times tells us why.
- If you just took away the pancetta, I’d consider eating this pizza for every meal.
- A dark piece of Brooklyn history took place 49 years ago yesterday when a TWA place crashed into the heart of Park Slope.