“…Life With Mr. Dangerous gets the balance just right, capturing what it’s like to be young and directionless, without romanticizing or overdramatizing.” At the AV Club, Noel Murray looks at Paul Hornschemeier’s latest graphic novel.
- At MightyGodKing, Christopher Bird reveals his guide to children’s literature. It includes Stanley Kiesel’s The War Between the Pitiful Teachers and the Splendid Kids, which unsettled the hell out of at least one of Vol.1’s editors during his formative years.
- Christopher Higgs talks with Eileen Myles about experimental literature.
- At the Los Angeles Review of Books, Erica Wetter reviews Meghan Daum’s Life Would Be Perfect If I Lived in That House.
- Writerland chats with Ethan Nosowsky of Graywolf Press.
- Vol.1’s Tobias Carroll has fiction on Storychord this week, a short story called “Winter Montage, Hoboken Station.”