We’ve been hearing good things about Kevin Wilson’s The Family Fang, about the children of a pair of performance artists. Now, The Collagist has an excerpt for your (and our) reading pleasure.
- Pitchfork’s 15 Writers/15 Songs collection of essays features, not surprisingly, a lot of smart folks (including Amanda Petrusich, Brandon Stosuy, and Matthew Perpetua) writing about good music.
- In today’s Sunday Stories alumni news, Robert Tumas will be appearing at the Franklin Park Reading Series tonight…
- …and the latest issue of Washington Square contains fiction from Bryant Musgrove.
- There’s a documentary in the works about Trenton’s City Gardens, where one of Vol.1’s editors saw Endpoint, Falling Forward, Shift, Iceburn, Mouthpiece, and Holy Rollers on a Sunday in early 1994.
- Ron Hogan on Drew Magary’s The Postmortal: “[Magary] understands that satire is most effective when it gives the real world a gently absurd nudge…”