Place your bets on the winner of the Nobel Prize for literature.
- Esquire wants you to write 78 words of fiction. If it’s good, you can go study with Colum McCann.
- Book Riot has launched. We think it might be the future.
- Israeli writer Yoram Kaniuk is officially a man without a religion.
- Tonight on Turner Classic Movies, an hour of Stephen King talking about horror movies.
- Over at Salon, Scott Timberg’s essay on the ” hollowing out of the creative class,” is the best and possibly most depressing essay on the arts that you will read today. (But then again, who knows?)
- Andy Rooney says goodbye.
- Taking a look at John F. Kennedy’s Florida fallout shelter.