Richard Hell’s memoir is acquired by Ecco. It will be titled I Dreamed I Was A Very Clean Tramp. You know somebody at Ecco is slapping themselves and saying, “Why couldn’t he have just called it “Some (Other) Kids” or something like that?” (Thanks Bryan Waterman for the tip.)
- The private journals of Bram Stoker have been found. I guess you can call them The Real Vampire Diaries.
- Blake Butler talks about insomnia on the Brian Lehrer show.
- A more visual history of Gertrude Stein.
- Jimmy Chen gives us the best title ever for an essay on when “An involuntary celibate reads Kafka.”
- Chuck Palahniuk talks to Mother Jones.
- Experts find that organized football has been played in Scotland for more than 500 years. They also find that soccer hooligans were much tamer in those days.
- Maybe George Soros could just write a NYRB essay instead of getting directly involved with Occupy Wall Street…