“While we are beyond delighted at the success of Go the Fuck to Sleep, my life and life at Akashic has not changed that much…” MobyLives checks in with Akashic’s Johnny Temple.
- Thomas Ross looks at Floyd Skloot’s short story collection Cream of Kohlrabi: “The standouts, which are immersive and emotionally gripping, are that way because Skloot writes such terribly honest characters. It’s striking how warmly and humanely Skloot writes about loss.”
- At Sound of the City, Nick Murray reports on last night’s Permanent Waves covers show.
- In The Stranger, Paul Constant has an insightful review of Colson Whitehead’s Zone One.
- Peter Swanson, formerly of the drone/noise group Yellow Swans, has a solo LP forthcoming on Type.
- Starcherone Press has a Kickstarter page up for E.R. Baxter III’s “indirect memoir” Niagara Digressions.