Best title of the day: “Victorian ectoplasm-producing mediums: freaks or fakes?”
- Letters from William Burroughs.
- A documentary on 50 years of The Phantom Tollbooth. We wrote an essay on the book’s birthday as well.
- If your Halloween plans include watching Roger Corman’s series of Edgar Allan Poe films from the 1960s, maybe take a listen to this interview the director did with Edward Champion first.
- Or if you don’t have any Halloween plans, maybe you’re up for seeing Alejandro Jodorowsky’s The Holy Mountain for Halloween at a museum?
- Or maybe you just want to sit around in a comfy chair and read The Morning News retell the endings of old scary stories?