A print shop reopens in lower Manhattan.
- A suggestion that Hilary Swank should get all A Visit From The Goon Squad to take care of the criticism she’s receiving for accepting a fee to fly to Chechnya and celebrate the birthday of its president (and notorious ignorer of human rights), Ramzan Kadyrov.
- Long before Orson Welles scared the world into thinking that the H.G. Wells novel The Ward Of The Worlds had become a reality on Halloween in 1938, there was The Great Moon Hoax of 1835.
- Megan Boyle is the guest on this week’s Other People podcast. There’s supposedly talk of Applebee’s…
- Let us transport you back to the (failed) 1980 American Book Awards hosted by William F. Buckley…
- The $125,000 “bespoke library” from the Neiman Marcus Christmas Book.
- Three Guys One Book talk to Drew Magary about his book The Postmortal.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr.