We’d like to congratulate our friend Bob Powers (above) for getting his book The Werewolf’s Guide to Life mentioned in a Gawker post titled “Satanic Sex Ritual Threesome Not as Awesome as It Sounds.”
- Jonathan Franzen talks The Corrections on HBO, and Edith Wharton with Vulture.
- Stephen King is donating $70,000 to help keep low-income Maine residents warm this winter.
- On Megan Boyle’s Selected Unpublished Blog Posts of a Mexican Panda Express Employee.
- Just a heavy metal legend hanging out in Greenpoint, signing copies of his new book.
- As if you needed any other reasons to get excited for R. Kelly’s autobiography, Soula Coaster.
- The great 90s slowcore band Codeine are reuniting, and re-releasing their catalog on the always great Numero Group.
- Penn State’s dangerous culture of silence.