Happy 70th birthday to Sam Waterston. You might not know this, but he’s the inspiration behind everything we do.
- The Occupy Wall Street library goes into dumpster.
- Edward Champion talks to Téa Obreht.
- Benjamin Hale on the whole death of the novel thing.
- Henry Rollins for president? We can get behind that.
- Reading Daphne du Maurier’s Rebecca after seeing the film.
- A Jewish guy starts reading Palestinian literature.
- Deerhunter’s brilliant cover of the early 80s post-punk band Pylon.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr.
ugh. if only Henry Rollins didnt play that white supremacist in Sons of Anarchy. i can’t get the image out of my mind.
He did? I really need to watch that show.