Jesmyn Ward, Nikky Finney, and Stephen Greenblatt became the only people that will be able to say that they won anything from the NBA in 2011. The Washington Post has a nice Twitter timeline of the National Book Award happenings, and The New York Times has a rundown as well.
- John Hodgman explains what Occupy Wall Street, Herman Cain, and the musical Cats have in common.
- Ann Beattie talks to Michael Silverblatt on the newest episode of Bookworm.
- Jonathan Lethem on the literary world being like high school.
- Pictures from a Kurt Vile and Widowspeak show.
- Somebody steps up and says the Lou Reed/Metallica album is “excellent.”