Jonathan Swift, Mark Twain, Winston Churchill, and Bo Jackson were all born on this day. Only Twain got a Google Doodle, proving that Bo don’t know Google Doodles.
- Morrissey Gets a Job is probably our favorite thing of the week.
- 300 years of British newspapers are now available online at The British Newspaper Archive.
- More on the fate of the OWS library by Emily Witt at The Observer.
- N+1 on Occupy LSX.
- Royal Young talks to Nancy Milford about Zelda Fitzgerald at Interview.
- Lee Ranaldo talks about the future of Sonic Youth and his own solo album at Rolling Stone.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr.
“[…] proving that Bo don’t know Google Doodles.”