The generally kickass witer Charles Yu made a recent appearance on the Bat Segundo Show.
- Greenpoint’s excellent WORD is holding a holiday open house this weekend. And if you’d like them to handsell you some books…
- Also in news of northern Brooklyn bookstores we love: Jon Reiss profiles the fine people of Book Thug Nation.
- Brian Wood on his experiences with the digital world as a comics creator. (If you’ve read and enjoyed The Dewey Decimal System or Zone One this year and haven’t checked out Wood’s series DMZ, we might have some recommended reading for you.)
- Todd Grimson, author of the surreal novel Brand New Cherry Flavor (as well as several others), is profiled in The Oregonian.
- So: what did folks think of the Times‘ recent Nik Cohn profile?