“I don’t think I restrain myself from judgment, though. In fact, I’m wary of writers who claim to do so, people who say “I just tell the story.” Nobody “just” tells a story. Every comma is judgment.” Jeff Sharlet, interviewed at Harper’s.
- Maureen Johnson, author of many an acclaimed young adult novel, reviews the film Young Adult.
- Renee Zambo interviews Amelia Gray, at Necessary Fiction.
- More smart folks talking about the books that they like: Dennis Cooper does the “Year in Reading” thing at The Millions, and Liberty Hardy discusses her favorites of the year at Book Riot.
- At Sound of the City, Maura Johnston talks to Daphne Carr about the Best Music Writing series. (Disclosure: a Vol.1 editor is mentioned.)
- Norman Brannon’s essay on his relationship to music writing is very much worth reading.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr.