That tweet by Marc Maron to Bret Easton Ellis is a perfect example of why it is perfectly alright to stay on Twitter past midnight. We are also hopeful that this is Maron’s invite to Ellis to appear on his WTF podcast.
- Meredith Blake at The Paris Review meets Lady Fiona Herbert, the eighth Countess of Carnarvon, and talks about her book Lady Almina and the Real Downton Abbey.
- Rob Horning at The New Inquiry on Jane Austen’s Northanger Abbey.
- A Wisława Szymborska poem translated from Polish.
- Saul Bass had one children’s book, and Imprint takes a look at it.
- Anne Frank was baptized by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, and now the Mormons are apologizing for it. Is this fodder for a new Shalom Auslander novel?
- Google-made glasses that will be able to stream information to the wearer’s eyeballs in real time: Bespectacled nerds get nerdier or the singularity is totally here?
- Memes we can get behind: 48 pictures that sum up the decade known as the 1990s.