Wallace Shawn and André Gregory next project will be a filmed version of Ibsen’s “Master Builder,” adapted by Mr. Shawn and directed for the screen by Jonathan Demme. No word if Shawn will somehow involve Deborah Eisenberg in the process, but we can hold out hope.
- “When I first read Inferno, I was cat-sitting for you, and I was up all night reading it.” – CA Conrad talks to Eileen Myles for BOMB, and discusses the best possible situation for reading Myles’ book.
- Graywolf Press and A Public Space are collaborating on a new lit mag.
- Somehow we messed up and forgot to mention that Lit. Kicks has found the 1949 film version of The Great Gatsby online.
- Thoreau does the X-Games at McSweeney’s. Not sure if this has any connection to Thoreau black metal or not.
- Royal Young interviews Adam Wilson for Interview.
- A collection of bestselling novels from the Great Depression. (Via Open Culture’s Twitter)
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and our Tumblr.