That’s the Stax Records/60s bubblegum/Soul Train inspired cover of Michael Chabon’s forthcoming Telegraph Avenue. (Via Sarah Weinman’s Twitter)
- While you’re at AWP in Chicago, you should stop by Columbia College and see why they’re laying off the Chair of the Fiction Writing Department. Seems worth checking out.
- Your Longread suggestion of the day is at The Atlantic: “How ‘Animal Farm’ Gave Hope to Stalin’s Refugees.”
- Then move on to this Los Angeles Review of Books essay on Bruno Schulz.
- They’re protecting the authors in Israel.
- Sara Levine talks to The Bat Segundo Show.
- John Jeremiah Sullivan talks to Critical Mob about Pulphead.