No women nominees in any major categories at the National Magazine Awards? That’s pretty fucked up.
- Ruth Franklin on why the literary landscape continues to disadvantage over women.
- Book Riot takes a look at the libraries of rich people.
- Poetry Out Loud is coming to Issue Project Room. In case you’re curious what Poetry Out Loud is, we wrote about it a few months back.
- Courtney Maum writes a very personal and very great essay at The Rumpus.
- “I like strong characters… strong, opinionated people. I like writing opinionated male characters, too. It’s happenstance, but I do like writing women characters.” – Andi Teran interviews Whit Stillman.
- Will Oldham and David Byrne are totally Pieces of Shit.