We just got on that Twitter thing. Follow us @vol1brooklyn for all sorts of stuff you won’t see here, and updates to stuff you will.
- C’est l’heure! Translations of Dr. Seuss’ Green Eggs and Ham and Horton Hears a Who are being released in France. Personally, I’m wondering why this hasn’t happened yet. Additionally, Bookslut profiled the ever-quirky children’s author this month, and it turns out he was pretty astonishing and misunderstood, which I suppose isn’t much of a surprise. My personal fav was always The Lorax: “Je parle aux arbres.” (Or something.)
- The Rumpus talk to Irish writer Colum McCann about his new novel Let the Great World Spin
- An open letter to J.J. Abrams about the lack of fat people in Star Trek on McSweeneys
- Andrew Bird Stop Smiling interview
- Hooves on The Turf have been sort of blowing our minds with their Secret Garden series, but we think it’s time to nominate Swede The Tallest Man on Earth for what might be our favorite video thus far. Just wait till you hear him cover Patsy Cline in a stairwell.Secret Garden Video Series: The Tallest Man on Earth from hoovesontheturf on Vimeo.
Dear Jay Diamond,
Dr. Seuss is spelled incorrectly.
Thanks Jason. This is why you should not start writing a post immediately after waking up.
Jay's being nice. I wholeheartedly take blame.