Bookslut reviews Shoplifting From American Apparel. Tao Lin calls this review ‘damning’ via his Twitter.
- Everything is totally cool between the heirs of J.R.R. Tolkien and HarperCollins. (Thanks Vulture)
- New Yorker weighs in on Times Square vs. The High Line
- Sarkozy had more in common with Napoleon than you thought. (Thanks The Awl)
- Chicago Subtext asks: “What book would Oprah never, ever pick as a book club selection? Why?” I sat long and hard on this one, and came up with my pick: Mein Kampf. Why: Because people don’t like Hitler.
- The Faster Times bashes clothing that goes under the title of “Harvard Yard” or “Harvard meets Hipster”.
- “I’ve been accused, at times, of being Elvis Costello’s biggest fan” – Joanna Smith Rakoff (author of A Fortunate Age) puts together a Gen. X heavy playlist that you can’t really argue with. (Thanks Paper Cuts)
- The continue “Pondering Proust” over at Lit. Kicks.
- J.M. Coetzee’s Disgrace is being turned into a film? (Thanks The Millions)
- Pitchfork interview John Darnielle about the upcoming Mountain Goats album, The Life of the World to Come.