Did you ever think there was a Balloon Boy and Edgar Allan Poe link? Did you care?
- The Mexican government kept an eye on Gabriel García Márquez, thinking he was a Colombian spy.
- F. Scott Fitzgerald’s taxes. I’m interested.
- How to survive as a writer in the 21st-century.
- Stephen Elliott and Rachel Shukert like Daniel Nester, and his new book How to be Inappropriate (Soft Skull). He will win more hearts via a sweet playlist on Largehearted Boy.
- Pippi Longstocking and John Milton, both together on the same top 10 list.
- Just started reading this Six Sentences site.
- I’ve been waiting patiently for news on a new Yeasayer album, and now the wait is over.
- If you have some spare cash, you should buy Kim Gordon’s art.
- Lady Gaga won’t stop until everybody thinks she is the queen bee of weird.
- The best Pitchfork jokes.
- Eat some cookies, fight the fat.