The Rumpus has a chat with writer/artist, Chelsea Martin. Everything Was Fine Until Whatever is her book on Future Tense Publishing, and thanks to the interview, I’ve become obsessed with the above drawing.
- “Frankly we would have been offended if he wasn’t shortlisted.” Nick Cave’s publisher on his nomination for the best of bad sex writing.
- Colum McCann is the National Book Award winner. Yippie!
- Gore Vidal and Dave Eggers also won.
- Greil Marcus as editor of the The Paris Review? That would be cool.
- Christians like that Jewish guy who didn’t write that book about “chasing homely girls”. (Thanks HTML Giant)
- Lemony Snicket puts his books on the internet.
Let’s get political.
- Atheists in the UK are working harder than atheists in the US.
- Two sides of the Sarah Palin coin at The Daily Beast.
- In Texas, if the gays can’t get married, nobody can be married.
Food and booze.
- The Young and Hungry talk to some guys who made Italian-style Bellisima Enchiladas. I will repeat, they made Italian-style Bellisima Enchiladas.
- Drink more to make your heart happy.