Some magick for the holidays? Jacket Copy talks about led guitar god Jimmy Page’s bookshelf, finds Crowley, talks about Genesis Breyer P-orridge.
The wheels of Dais Records were set in motion a few years ago in, of all places, Genesis P-Orridge’s basement.
- Portland writers picking their favorite books of 2009 at the blog Paper Fort.
- Where The Wild Things Are gingerbread house.
- Tablet talks about poet Stanley Moss’s new collection, Rejoicing: New and Collected Poems.
- Part 1 of The Rumpus International Rivers Interview Series and I’m already hooked. Michael Zelenko’s introduction to his interview with Hungarian writer György Dragomán is worth the read alone.
- Largehearted Boy’s favorite nonfiction of 2009.
- How and why a record label would hook up with a publisher.
- Book Soup Blog on the “Lost Magazine of the Jazz Age”, The Chicagoan
- Slate talks about the Nativity scene.
- How do you think Santa pays for all those gifts?
- A Christmas EP from Hollister Hovey.