Calling Will.i.am the “successor” to Sly Stone is total bullshit on so many levels. Everybody with an ounce of smarts knows that the faces on the Mt. Rushmore of funk are: James Brown, Sly Stone, Curtis Mayfield, George Clinton and the real “successor” to all those guys: Prince. Will.i.am doesn’t even get a plaque near the bathroom to the fictional mountain I’ve created in my brain.
- I wrote about The Shape of Punk to Come by Refused. Warning: I hate this album.
- I also wrote about Miss Alex White. Warning: I like everything she does.
- Malcolm McLaren passed away.
- Jennifer Gilmore picked Bad Brains AND the Grateful Dead for her Largehearted Boy Book Notes. If I didn’t want to read her Something Red before, I would do it simply based on that.
- The Kleenex/LiLiPut Kickstarter campaign
- This is the song of the day: