“I don’t feel sentimental for writing on paper, but I will miss talking back to the author on the page. There might be a long passage from Faulkner and I’ll write on the side “Like, Whatever dude”, or “Yikes!”” –Full Stop interviews Victor LaValle. (h/t Edan Lepucki)
- Joe McCulloch reviews Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Weapons of the Metabaron. My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy comparisons are made.
- Kate Beaton on Chopin and Liszt.
- New York on the current Broadway run of Tom Stoppard’s Arcadia.
- Aficionados of Tove Jansson’s novels may find this event happening next week at Scandinavia House to be of interest.
- Joe McCulloch reviews Alejandro Jodorowsky’s Weapons of the Metabaron. Kanye West comparisons are made.
- Laura Hudson on Carla Speed McNeil’s The Finder Library, which should appeal to you if you like innovative comics storytelling; richly detailed science fiction; compelling, sometimes wrenching character interaction; or some combination of the above.
- In May, Tyrant Books will be reissuing Michael Kimball’s novel Us. One can preorder said novel now.