Posted by Jason Diamond
“I’m happy it’s lost its stigma.” Mr. Amis, he said is “icing on the cake of the cool kids moving to Brooklyn.” – Kurt Andersen, guy who founded Spy/person who I probably shouldn’t argue with. Via Christian Lorentzen’s piece in The Observer, “Almost Amis.”
- Will Martin Amis be seen making trips to BookCourt wearing dad jeans?
- Will NYU build a dorm in Park Slope?
- Will this make Jonathan Lethem talk more shit about Brooklyn?
- Will Philip Roth write a novel about an angry old Jewish man who walks the streets of Brooklyn, wondering why a bunch of good looking youngsters are occupying the apartment building he once lived in as a child?
- Will zombie Truman Capote be seen walking the streets of Brooklyn Heights?
- Will Slaughterhouse 90210 have a Martin Amis/Mad Men post? (Answer: yes)
What will happen next?