Virginia Woolf’s To the Lighthouse, as a beach read.
- The Whitman of Detroit, Philip Levine, is to become the next poet laureate. (Via Largehearted Boy and Workmen’s Circle.)
- Gary Lutz’s Divorcer is reviewed over at Big Other.
- Maybe bookstore owners know the answer to not getting looted in London?
- We can get behind this: Harry Potter characters made to look like Daria characters.
- In the year 2000, doctors will be able to receive their patients records before ever seeing them! Seriously, is anybody else as big a fan of things from the 1950s the depict what they expected from their future, aka our past and present?
- Scenes of people committing suicide tripled in films between the years 1950-2006. I guess that means 1888-1950 wasn’t really a strong period for films depicting people trying to off themselves.