On the occasion of the US publication of The Missing of the Somme, Meagan Day has an interview with Geoff Dyer at Full Stop.
- At Sound of the City, Jami Attenberg and Maura Johnston discuss the new Lady Gaga video: “…obviously she’s like, I made state fair music, now I’m gonna subvert it with this fucked-up video.”
- Dan Kois on the end of his longtime stint covering Harry Potter.
- At the Los Angeles Review of Books, Adam Z. Levy reviews Dezső Kosztolányi’s Kornél Esti: “Dezső Kosztolányi doesn’t roll off the Anglophonic tongue as smoothly as the names of other early twentieth-century masters like Kafka, Musil, or Mann, but perhaps it should.”
- Elif Batuman on writing in a hedge.
- All Hands On: THE2NDHAND After 10 is out now, containing fiction from Vol.1 favorites Patrick Somerville, Joe Meno, and Al Burian (and Vol.1 editor Tobias Carroll.)