Over the past decade, Brian Wood has written some damn good comics, ranging from the shorter Viking-era pieces in Northlanders to DMZ, which chronicles New York City as the center of a civil war. This two–part interview focusing on his current and future projects is well worth reading.
- In the Italian Alps, Terese Svoboda visited a castle once inhabited by Ezra Pound.
- Robert Christgau on Simon Reynolds, 50s revivalism, and more.
- Dzanc has announced a novel contest for mid-career writers.
- Roxane Gay interviews Caitlin Horrocks at HTML Giant.
- Matthew Battles looks at the work of Tove Jansson.