Animating Albert Camus.
- “Even if you’re a big fan of capitalism, you’ll at least concede that its greatest strength is probably not its capacity to reward artistic virtue fairly.” – Emily Gould on writers and other artists branching out, and trying to find other avenues to make money.
- More Jonathan Franzen essays on the way.
- Junot Díaz gives some insight as to what his next novel will be about.
- They’re having quite the hard time selling Norman Mailer’s Brooklyn Heights apartment. (Via the FSG Twitter.)
- “If there’s one essential essay collection, it’s this one.” – The Guardian on Joseph Brodsky’s Less Than One: Selected Essays.
- The revolution will not be televised, instead it will come in the form of a Morning Bite: Glenn Beck is warning people about the “violent left.“
- Jens Lekman has a Johnny Cash moment in Williamsburg.