How much Hunter S. Thompson can you take? If the answer is, “There is never enough of the insanity!” Playboy has all of the articles that he wrote for the magazine up in one place waiting just for you!
- Naomi Wolf arrested at Occupy Wall Street. Between beating the crap out of peaceful protestors, arresting Wolf and Cornel West getting cuffed over the weekend, the police seem to be hellbent on making sure that everybody hates them.
- At The Paris Review: José Manuel Prieto writes about the American books he read while growing up in Cuba.
- Lemony Snicket observes Occupy Wall Street from a distance.
- The Guardian wants to know if Julian Barnes is deserving of this year’s Booker prize. Salman Rushdie and Nathan Englander seem to think so.
- The Appalachian Prison Book Project is looking for donations. They’re mostly looking for dictionaries, auto repair manuals, psychology textbooks and fiction. More info at GalleyCat.