“The central power-dynamic itself — teacher seems superhuman then is revealed to be a normal human — is, well, boring. But that makes it all the more amazing when Maksik somehow pulls it off.” At Full Stop, Scott Beauchamp reviews Alexander Maksik’s You Deserve Nothing.
- Jeffrey Wasserstrom on the works of writer Yu Hua.
- Gabrielle Gantz on Steve Almond’s recent reading at Greenlight.
- At Book Riot, Liberty Hardy on alternative methods of bookshelf organization.
- Jon Reiss looks at Brooklyn’s best coffee shops for getting work done.
- Jessica Hopper profiles St. Vincent for The Village Voice.