(We’re taking a little break until the new year, so Morning and Afternoon Bites will be combined into one daily post.)
Henry Miller was born on this day in 1891.
- Umberto Eco’s love of lists.
- One man’s quest to figure out the literary history of word processing.
- Short stories by Colm Tóibín and Téa Obreht.
- Taking a look at the work of Walter Potter, the English taxidermist known for his anthropomorphic dioramas.
- A book about the band Felt is a thing. This is news that should make everybody rejoice.