Ann Powers looks at Spin‘s experiment in 140-character record reviews, and reverse-engineers two full-length reviews from it. Shades of Christopher Orr’s review of 21 based only on the preview…
- If you’re looking for an excellent reading in northern Brooklyn tomorrow, you have two outstanding options: Largehearted Boy’s tenth anniversary at WORD (with Emma Straub and Jennifer Gilmore) and the Caryn Rose/Rosie Schaap combo at Pete’s Candy Store.
- Conde Nast Traveler also has some nice things to say about WORD.
- If you’re an emerging writer based in New York City, you may want to look at this fellowship at the Center for Fiction.
- The lineup for this year’s EMP Pop Conference, held at NYU from March 22nd to the 25th, has been announced.
- The deadline to help distribute free books as part of World Book Night is rapidly approaching.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, Google + and our Tumblr.
Got tips for Bites? Info@Vol1brooklyn.com