- We’re already fans of the Slate Book Review.
- “There isn’t a moment of lag here. If someone’s not being killed or beaten, he’s being shaken down, spied on, bedded or conned.” Adam Levin talks about James Ellroy’s American Tabloid on NPR’s All Things Considered.
- Daphne Carr celebrates the life and work of Frank Tovey and makes us all want to go listen to more Fad Gadget.
The week that was:
- Tobias talked to Christian Wargo. Wargo was in the band Crystal Skulls, is a member of Fleet Foxes, and is now fronting the Sub Pop signed group Poor Moon.
- Mairead Case had some helpful pointers to those of you stilling hanging out in Chicago after AWP.
- Remember when Andrew Brietbart died and everybody on Twitter was skeptical for the first thirty minutes after the story broke? Here were other possible tweets to be wary of in wake of his passing.