“Crews did not look or act like your typical college professor, shaving his head or wearing a Mohawk and making every literature lecture a performance. Other writers described him as “riveting,” especially when he was talking about writing.” – Harry Crews’ obituary.
- At 17 Dots, our own Jason Diamond talks about the Kim Gordon/Lydia Lunch band named after Crews.
- “I’ll read “The Hunger Games” when I finish the previous 3,000 years of fiction written for adults.” – We guess Joel Stein isn’t a fan of YA novels.
- Charlie Kaufman is writing a novel.
- That time Hemingway had to kill his cat.
- Robert Fay on when big Japanese pop stars play tiny American places.
- Dropping stuff in the n+1 office.