Serge Gainsbourg was born on this day in 1928. Please feel free to do something scummy in his honor.
- Truman Capote the style icon.
- That time Amy Hempel talked to The Paris Review in 2003…
- Emily Temple at Flavorwire gives visual examples of Meg Wolitzer’s New York Times, “On the Rules of Literary Fiction for Men and Women.”
- Chloe Caldwell interviews herself at The Nervous Breakdown.
- Do you think your child has the right DNA to get into preschool?
- The 4th edition of Fortnight is coming up.
- Ted Gioia revisits the 1960s novels of Samuel Delany.