Zach Baron had heard rumors of a high school football rivalry between Jim Carroll and Gil Scott-Heron. He discusses it at The Daily.
- Alex Gilvarry talks to NPR about From the Memoirs of a Non-Enemy Combatant.
- Edith Wharton: born into wealth, great writer, kinda awkward.
- Pay attention to this Leonard Cohen kid who has a poem in this week’s New Yorker. He’s gonna be huge.
- We’re living in William Gibson’s future. The New York Times on Gibson’s Distrust That Particular Flavor.
- At Slate: Matthew Yglesias takes a look at the book The Age of Austerity: How Scarcity Will Remake American Politics.
- Listen to some new Dirty Three.