Proust liked to knock a few cold ones back. So what? You think he subsisted on madeleines alone? Just look at that picture of him. He’s looking at you and saying “Heineken? Fuck that shit! Pabst Blue Ribbon!” (via Maud Newton)
- You should probably go over to The Millions and see their list of “The Best Fiction of The Millennium (So Far)“ I feel like we should have a countdown to #1.
- Holla! “I think we’re in the midst of a literacy revolution the likes of which we haven’t seen since Greek civilization.” – Stanford professor Andrea Lunsford says to The Rumpus
- Holla Holla! Blake Butler gets a two book deal.
- Free James Brown y’all!
- One of the greatest albums of all time, In the Aeroplane Over the Sea, by Neutral Milk Hotel, is getting the sweet vinyl reissue treatment.
- Anybody in Greenpoint play piano?
- Yoni Wolf of WHY? picks five of his favorite albums.
- Michael Moore: meh or yay?