Seriously, if this collaboration between Xiu Xiu’s Jamie Stewart and Shearwater’s Jonathan Meiburg wasn’t going to be the most depressing fucking thing ever, well then I don’t know what I would do.
Jamie Stewart lays it down as to what’s in the video:
- Looking out of the window of a car while on a one-month drive through the most beautiful and bleak parts of the U.S.A. and Canada while infected with swine flu.
- Close up shots of computer screens while watching art movies, porn, and cheap serial television in extreme states of drunkenness and jet lag.
- Shots of over-growth while being lost in Appalachia.
- Taping quotes from books about the CIA’s involvement in Afghanistan, gay life in Japan, and early, early 4AD records.
- Ultra close-ups of those little toys on a string that you get from 50-cent vending machines that you attach to your Game Boy or cell phone.