The Protestor is the Time magazine Person of the Year. The magazine’s managing editor, Kurt Andersen, explains why.
- The Atlantic takes a look at 50 or so fantastic years of the New York Review of Books.
- At The Nervous Breakdown: Sabina Murray on the women of famous novels by Jonathan Franzen and Jeffrey Eugenides.
- David Haglund at Slate wonders if people pay more for houses once owned by famous writers? With that, Vol. 1 is ready to bid one trillion dollars on eBay for John Updike’s house.
- Vanity Fair reacts to GQ’s oral history of menswear blogging.
- Ted Leo, Wesley Eisold from Cold Cave, and a bunch of other folks you like share their favorite things of 2011 at the Matador Matablog.
Follow Vol. 1 Brooklyn on Twitter, Facebook, and our Tumblr.